Saturday, September 02, 2006

Between Mom and Jo

Nick Tyler has what he consideres to be a very normal life. He loves aquariums, paint ball, and cooking, and...by the way...he has two moms. Well he did. This book takes the reader on a journey through Nick's flashbacks and gives us a very clear picture of the events leading up to Nick's life changing decision at the end of the book (which I'm not going to tell you!). Living with two lesbian parents is hard enough but when one of them comes down with breast cancer and the other one is an alcoholic things get a little bit shaky to say the least. I loved this book. I had to deal with a divorce when I was twelve. I have a friend whose mom is a recovering alcoholic. My best friend had to deal with both her parents having different kinds of cancer at the same time (they both recovered). I know you all have similar issues you deal with every day. Reading Nick's experiences gave me another picture of a complex life that it was very easy to sympathize with. Read it! -Till next time! Suzanne

No comments: