Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

This book was recommended to me by a dear reader who just knew it would keep me page turning to the extent that I committed the sin I have sworn to never commit which is the sin of reading on the job. I mean, I know I'm a librarian and all and it is okay for us to occasionally read on the job, but come on! I have a lot of other things I need to be doing! Like updating this Blog for one! Anyway, Sonnenblick (the author) has written a hilarious book about...oh. I can't tell you. I mean, I didn't know what it was about when I read it. I thought it would be like the movie Drumline or the movie American Pie (yup...that'd constitute Dangerous Pie for sure). But I had no idea what it was actually going to be about, and that made it that much better. Well. I'll tell you this much. It's about a guy, named Steven who is a very good drum player. He has a crush on this girl Renee and is friends with another girl named Annette. He has parents. His dad is an accountant. And he has to watch out for Dangerous Pie. And that's all I'm gonna tell ya! Till next time! -Suzanne

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Caitlin,
I have left a comment on your Blog because, if I'm not even goin to tell these guys what the darn book is about, I'm sure as HECK not going to say anything about the ending here on this forum. BUT READ THE BOOK PEOPLE! I MEAN IT!

Caitlin said...

OK, I am somewhat out of the dark...but, here i am again at the library...looking for a book. any suggestions for a book which is almost as good, if not better (highly un-likely) Dangerous Pie??? or will you leave me in waiting until monday?*huff* I hope you are here on saturdays!