Sunday, May 07, 2006

Watership Down - Richard Adams

This is one of my all time favorite books. It's all about a band of rabbits who, on the advice of Fiver, a small, jittery, and clairvoyent rabbit, leave their doomed warren for someplace new. Someplace safe. Someplace where they can start over and rule themselves. They almost join a couple of other warrens, due to the fact that they don't have any does (females) along with them, but in the end, they decide their freedom is worth more than the security of other warrens. They devise other plans to get their does and mayhem ensues. This is a great read for science fiction fans and people who like reading about different kinds of worlds and governments. Even fans of folklore will find this dense book a truly wonderful read. Till next time! -Suzanne

PS: They also made an animated movie based on this book in the 70's. It actually reminds me a little of the Anime style that is so popular today. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzanne, I've tried to play the movie version on my DVD player a couple times but it won't work! I feel bad for keeping it so long so I'll just give it back to you in the next week or so... lol.

Watership down really is such a great book!

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh! That sucks! Well, maybe you can find in on VHS. Just another Ebay treasure hunt!
Suzanne