Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Summer Vacation - Pirates and Oceans

I am 28 years old and yet I still go on vacation every year with my father (and his wife and her two children and their children and their spouses and my sisters and their spouses and their children and my own husband...you get the picture). Every year we pack up several vehicles with everything we'd possibly need for a week at the beach. We always end up forgetting a ton of stuff and always go to the store for that ever important beach toy or sun block. It's a huge hassle. But, I go year after year because I LOVE THE OCEAN! (I love my family too.) Do you have a love of the sea? Can you smell that salty air? Do you love the feeling of sand running between your toes? Does the wind on the coast make you feel alive? Here's a list of books for all you ocean lovers out there. Maybe they'll tide you over until you get to row yoursel out to sea! (Get it? Tide? Oh, I'm so bad). Ahoy there Matey! Till next time! -Suzanne

The Voyage of the Arctic Tern by Hugh Montgomery

Bloody Jack by L. A. Meyer

Under the Jolly Roger by L. A. Meyer

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi

Pirates! by Celia Rees

The Angel's Command by Brian Jacques

The Pirate's Son by Geraldine McCaughrean

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

Revenge of the Whale by Nathaniel Philbrick

SOS Titanic by Eve Bunting

Life of Pi by Yan Martel

Voyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson While

Chuck Dugan is AWOL by Eric Chase Anderson

Carry on, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham

Breathless by Pam Withers

No comments: